Instead of writing a song/letter to my brother/killer, I am baking 66 chicken wings. Turns out I should have checked the calendar more carefully before telling the party planner: any dish will be fine; I'll make whatever other people don't sign up for. My day's booked from 9:00 to 7:00 pm today. And other, cleverer people knew to stay away from the dish that requires six hours of baking.
It's hard to believe it's only been a week since my last TToT, but there you go.
I'm thankful for:
1. In no particular order: Ivy, Lizzi, Denise, Kristi, Val, Jen, Clark and Phyllis and Una, Suheiry, Dana, and Holley Perry.
2. Holley Perry gets her own special mention again, but I don't know what her blog is so I can't link her up.
3. Planned slumber parties
4. Impromptu slumber parties
5. My girl had another good week of school.
6. I figured out that her digestion probably slowed down again because she's drinking at least one carton of milk at school a day. This is fixable.
7. My boy has been a great sport this week.
8. We got to play trucks on Friday when I discovered that the sound effect for the seatbelts that go on car transporters when they ride on planes is a very loud zhzhzhzhzhhzh.
9. I might kick just this cold and subsequent laryngitis to the curb.
10. The coffee's nearly ready.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group