This statement made me stop in my tracks. It was one of those off-hand statements that turns your thoughts upside-down. He doesn't know what he looks like without glasses.
I take my eyesight for granted.
Here's hoping the kids get my eyesight. And Brian's shapely calves and naturally straight, cavity-free teeth.
1. Seeing the world through another viewpoint.
2. My eyesight. It's not as good as it once was, but I got tested a year ago, and it's at least still 20/20.
3. I wrote a poem this week and published it. Not just one of my half-assed haiku, but one I spent some (a little) time on.
4. I got a poem from my dad in return. Not sure if I have permission to publish, so I'll abstain. It was good, though.
5. I felt like I was part of a community, that I belonged, twice this week,
6. I had the best artichoke I've ever eaten. It was marinated and grilled, and I ate the.entire.thing.
7. I saw Birdman. Didn't love it. But I am so up on current popular culture, I can't get over myself.
8. I set a task for myself and worked hard at it.
9. I decided it was boring as all get-out and chose the Cliff's Notes version instead.
10. I'm 39, three days into my 40th year, and I'm sorta OK with it.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group