Saturday, May 28, 2016

TToT115: Morning in NC

Somehow I am the only adult awake with four children seven and under (Christine scoffs, no doubt). I am thankful they are mostly independent, but I'm gonna make this brief because one or two are starting to call for breakfast.

Our drive was uneventful, and we started early enough to avoid the worst traffic.

My friend's son (who had the brain surgery) is going home today! Early because of his tremendous progress! He's relearned to walk without support, and he is already talking more than he did before surgery. Isn't that extraordinary?

Again, thankful for MD Anderson Cancer Center.

I am comfortable and happy and I figured out how to get the coffee started, and it's only the beginning of the long weekend.

But now there are tears and screams so off I go.

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts


8 comments :

  1. Wait...so you're in NC? WHERE!? Oh man, I would *love* to get coffee sometime. I hope you are doing well and not going too nuts handling all those kiddos under seven. ;)
    Sending you hugs and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME,awesome,awesome!!!!!😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children are amazing, the recovering ones and the bickering ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Vanessa said. And yes, MD Anderson is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time with family/friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When a surgery can be performed, amazing things are possible, but it's the children who are the resilient ones. I know it. I've seen it. I used to share the paediatric hospital with a lot of them, most much younger and braver than I ever was.
    Coffee on the weekend is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bar your last sentence, the rest of them WAY more than cover the 10! So thankful the surgery was successful! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear about your friend's son...that's awesome. You made coffee? I'm impressed. I am not allowed to make coffee here so my method is to wake my husband and ask for coffee. :D He didn't make any today...so I got takeout. I am completely spoiled. His fault.
    Loved the pic on FB of the four of you - too cute. Where in NC are you? Hub has family there in Charlotte. Hope you're having a wonderful time. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!